Sunday 3 March 2019

Held

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; 
he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy, 
from my foes, who were too strong for me. 
They confronted me in the day of my disaster, 
but the Lord was my support. 
He brought me out into a spacious place; 
he rescued me because he delighted in me.               2 Sam. 22.17-20


The goodness and faithfulness of God is absolute. David has cried out to God:
         I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, 
and I am saved from my enemies.             (2 Sam. 22.4)

As we call out to God, He will reach down from on high and take hold of us. He will remove us from deep waters, He will rescue us from enemies and bring us into a spacious place. He does all this because He delights in us. Praise God! I believe this delight is an expression of God’s good pleasure and favour.



Lord God,
I thank You for Your Word. I receive Your Word for myself as it was applicable to David. I believe You hear my cry for help and I believe You reach down from on high to rescue me.
Lord God, thank You for Your good pleasure. Thank You for the favour that I enjoy as a child of God. Thank You for the delight You have in me.
I commit to You. I want to journey with You each day, for all of my days. I look forward to that great day when I shall be with You in paradise.
O holy heavenly Father, I adore You. I want more of You and I want to share You with everyone. Please help me. Please enable me.
         Thank You, in Jesus’ name.               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment