Saturday 8 December 2018

Supported

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” 
your love, O LORD, supported me.                                        Psalm 94.18


This verse highlights, for me, the psalmist’s understanding of God. He has a confidence in God. He knows that God is there, for him, in times of trial and testing.

He has earlier touched on God’s understanding of His creation:
         Does he who implanted the ear not hear?
         Does he who formed the eye not see?          (v9)

         The LORD knows the thoughts of man; 
he knows that they are futile.                     (v11)

There is, at once, comfort, hope and strength in these words. Of course God hears and sees. He hears all that is said in my life – by whoever! He hears every prayer and plea that I utter. He sees everything – the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful. And, as much as all else, He knows my thoughts. Oh, horror!!

Oh no, not horror. I can be glad that my Maker, my God and my Lord knows me this intimately. I can hide nothing from Him. Nor do I wish to. I want hypocrisy to be no part of my life. I am a real person and I praise God that He knows, even better than I do, the reality of the person that I am. He knows, and He loves me! His love supports and strengthens me at all times. It is especially there when my foot starts to slip.



O Lord,
I thank You that You know me and there is nothing I can hide from You. I thank You that, though You know every adverse thing about me, You love me – faithfully, lastingly, unconditionally.
My foot will often begin to slip. I thank You that Your love is there to support me each time the slip begins. Your love corrects and restores me. I thank You. I love You.           Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment