Tuesday 4 December 2018

Eternal

Lord, you have been our dwelling place 
throughout all generations. 
Before the mountains were born 
or you brought forth the earth and the world, 
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.             Psalm 90.1,2


God is constant. He is there at all times. Since before time began He has been there. And He will be there. God is faithful. He says He will never leave me nor desert me, and He is true to His word.

God is so available. He has been available for humanity since time immemorial. He has been our dwelling place through all generations. He has been a refuge for all who would turn to Him and seek Him out.

The earth may change, the ancient mountains may crumble. But God is constant. He is ever there.



Lord God,
I salute You. Your constancy and faithfulness are there for all, at all times. You made the mountains, but You were there, in faithfulness, before any of Your great acts of creation.
You are compassionate. In Jesus, You looked upon so many and You saw them with compassion. The sinner You forgive, and You raise him up in new life. The lonely You befriend and they are lonely no longer. You bring healing to the sick and peace to the heavy-hearted.
Dear Lord, You are all that humanity needs. I cry out to You in wonder and worship. I fall to my knees before You. I confess my sins and ask You to release me in sweet forgiveness. I look to You to lead me forward. I join with the psalmist and say:
         May the favour of the Lord our God rest upon us; 
establish the work of our hands for us
.
Yes, establish the work of our hands.           Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment