Monday 3 December 2018

Closer

Do not cast me away when I am old; 
do not forsake me when my strength is gone. 

Even when I am old and grey, 
do not forsake me, O God, 
till I declare your power to the next generation, 
your might to all who are to come.             Psalm 71. 9, 18



The psalmist entreats God to be with him in his old age, to not forsake him.

He repeats his entreaty asking for God’s presence and power to be with him as he declares the message of God, His power and His might, to the next generation.

I echo this plea. I wish to work for the Lord, sharing the message with those who are growing even now – the next generation – those who will perpetuate the message.



Lord God,
I believe You are with me. There are times when I strongly sense Your presence with me. I pray this will continue.
I believe You have much yet that You wish to do in me and through me. This excites me. I am with You Lord.
Forgive me, my dear Father, I sense I am often declaring to You that I am with You. This is my desire and, whilst I hope this is the case, I’m not always sure that my full focus is on You. Help me, please.
It needs to be You, not me, saying if I am with You. My heart is that I should be always with You – and You with me.
I entreat You, my Lord and my God, to draw me closer to You. Do not forsake me. Do not give me up, but rather strengthen me and empower me. Enable me to reach out to many in Your Name, to touch them in Your love. To lead them in Your way.
I love You Lord, and wish to serve You, in Jesus’ name.           Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment