Monday 17 December 2018

Open

Then I acknowledged my sin to you 
and did not cover up my iniquity. 
I said, “I will confess my transgressions 
to the LORD” – and you forgave 
the guilt of my sin.                          Psalm 32.5
         

There is a guilt that attaches to all sin, and we cannot persuade ourselves that this is not so. When the sin is contained, the guilt sits, and broods, and festers. But when the sin is acknowledged – first within the individual – and then confessed to God, there is significant, indeed total, release from guilt. Tremendous healing power is released with God’s forgiveness.

I know I can hide nothing from God, but the conscious act of my being, in bringing my own failure and sin before Him in true confession and repentance, ensures His wonderful releasing of me into His provision and well-being.



Lord God,
I pray that I might always bring my sin before You in humble, but true, confession. I should like to say that I will not sin, but that very statement would be saturated with the sin of pride.
Rather, I will thank You for Your exceeding grace and mercy. The psalmist records, so simply – and you forgave the guilt of my sin.
And so it is. Your forgiveness is generous and complete. Upon my sincere confession, Your forgiveness is instantaneous. Thank You, O merciful and loving Father.
I echo the words of my Lord in His teaching on prayer. I ask You to keep me from temptation and deliver me from the evil one.
Lord God, may I walk with You today? Would You show me Your ways and lead me in them? Would You walk with me and talk with me? The day is before us. I offer it to You and ask that You would take me with You into this day. May we have a joyous, wonderful adventure together, in Jesus’ name I ask.         Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment