Friday 28 December 2018

Renewed

When you send your Spirit, 
they are created, 
and you renew the face of the earth.                   Psalm 104.30


In the beginning …God created.

Yes, God created. He created the cosmos, the earth, and man. He created us and we were made in His image and likeness. But He did not stop there. 

He renews, He re-creates. Through the power of His Spirit, God continues His work in mankind. He sustains His creation, holding everything in being.

I look for this renewal in God, by the Spirit. The prophet tells us that God’s mercies are new every morning. (Lament. 3.23)

I look for newness, re-creation in God, by God, and I look for it afresh each day.

I am a new creation (2 Cor. 5.17) – daily. The old has gone, the new has come.



Lord God,
I rejoice in this new day in You. I come before You in thanksgiving and praise. I ask You to breathe new life into me. Fill me, please, with Your Holy Spirit. Let me be renewed in You. I am truly a new creation, enriched and embraced by Your manifold mercy,
I pray not only for myself, but for this whole world. The word of the psalmist says you renew the face of the earth. Precious Father, hear my cry for the whole of mankind. I start with those I know, so many of them. Be with them Lord. Bring renewal into those lives that need to go forward in You. Bring release from sickness and disease, poverty and wrong thinking. I move out to the vast numbers I don’t know. They need You, Lord. Please, precious Master, move upon the world that all might know the glory of God. That they might see it, recognise it and acknowledge You.
That You will enter all hearts – this is my prayer. It’s a big prayer, but not too big for You.
Hallelujah! Praise You, Lord. Precious God.                 Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment