Wednesday 19 December 2018

Radiant

Those who look to him are radiant; 
their faces are never covered with shame.                               Psalm 34.5


The radiance that the psalmist refers to here is the expression of joy that inhabits the faces of those who look to the Lord. The preceding verse warrants inclusion here:
         I sought the LORD, and he answered me; 
he delivered me from all my fears.

God’s faithfulness ensures a wonderful consistency throughout the Bible. As I seek Him, He will not disappoint me. I know that, and it is greatly uplifting to me. My Lord is faithful. As I seek Him, He does answer me. By His answer He delivers me from all of my fears. I need to be attuned at all times to know He’s there, and to be open to hear His answers to me.

As I look to Him, I will know the radiance of joy in Him. My face will not be covered with shame. He is my covering. May I truly reflect His image.



Father God,
I thank You for the affirmation and reminder in Your Word today that You will answer me as I seek You. You will deliver me from all fears. As I look to You, Lord – even as I merely ponder on the thought – I feel my face begin to radiate with the joy of knowing You.
Gracious Lord and Wonderful Father, I want to know You more. I seek a closer walk with You. I invite You to be my constant covering. I ask You to shine through me that I may truly and constantly reflect Your image.
I marvel that I am Your child. It excites me to know that I am so accepted by You. O Lord and God, I want to be the very best I can be for You. Please help me, in Jesus’ name I ask.               Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment