Monday 24 December 2018

All

The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.                                                                                         Psalm 103.19


In this song of thanksgiving, the psalmist begins with the individual: Praise the LORD, O my soul. He moves from the personal to the community. He then expands from the community to the cosmos. Indeed, the whole earth and the heavens form the dominion of our Lord and God.

I rejoice with the angels:
         Praise the LORD, you his angels, 
you mighty ones who do his bidding, 
who obey his word. (v20)

I am greatly uplifted to think that the whole of the heavens join in praise to the Holy One.

The acclamation that is ceaseless in heaven can be picked up on earth:
         Praise the LORD, all his works 
everywhere in his dominion.  (v22)

And I can be part of this wonderful celebration.
         Praise the Lord, O my soul.

Yes, yes, and yes again. Praise the Lord, my soul. Let me join with the heavenlies and those of the kingdom on earth, and raise the glorious name of the Lord in praise and adoration.


Lord God,
I praise You. I lift my voice in exultation of Your name. I rejoice in You, mighty God. I celebrate You as Lord and Saviour.
I hear the heavens proclaim Your majesty. I pray that all the earth will follow. O, let the earth be filled with the glory of the Lord. Let the people, all the people, rejoice in the name of the Lord.
The Lord’s name be praised and hallowed. May the Lord be honoured and revered in my life and my testimony.
Lord God, I worship You before all else. You are Lord of lords and God supreme.
Hallelujah! Praise Your name.           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment