Monday 1 October 2018

Unique

My whole being will exclaim, 
“Who is like you, O LORD? 
You rescue the poor from those 
too strong for them, 
the poor and needy from those 
who rob them.”                                       Psalm 35.10


There is no one like my God. He is the Father to the fatherless. He is the husband of widows. He is strength to the weak, and riches to the poor. He is all these things. He rescues, He strengthens, He upholds, He sustains. And this is wonderful. I rejoice. I call out in riotous exclamations of joy and wonder.

But I love Him for who He is. All that He does is most wonderful, but it is who He is that captivates me. He is my Father, Friend and Lover. I rejoice in this. I love Him.



Father God,
I thank You for all the wonderful things that You do. I rejoice that You are there at all times for those who need You. I am inspired by the wonder and majesty of Your Creation.
But, most of all, I love You. I see depth, promise and a great appreciation in Your love. I thank You that You love me, and also that You enable me to love.
Lord, please grant that I might love, more and more, as You do. Please touch my heart with Your heart. Fill me with insight to see people as You see them. Show me how You would have me connect with them.
I love You. Dear, gracious, sweet Lord I love You, but I do not want to contain this love to myself. I want to share it freely, outrageously.
Allow me, Lord. Give me opportunities. Open doors for me. Let me share Your love, in Jesus’ name I ask.             Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment