Monday 22 October 2018

Not shaken

Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, 
which cannot be shaken but endures forever. 
As the mountains surround Jerusalem, 
so the LORD surrounds his people 
both now and forevermore.                                 Psalm 125.1,2


What wonderful words of affirming security these are. Mountains surrounding a city give strength and protection, a sense of permanence and immovability.

And this is how it is for God’s people. He is there – permanent, immovable. He is our strength, our security, our refuge. He surrounds us. He is there for us, with us, at all times and we will not be shaken for as long as we put our trust in Him.

This is our position now, and for all time. Praise God!



Lord God, Mighty One, Wonderful Provider,
I press in to You. I place my trust in You and prayerfully ask that You will increase the measure of trust I have in You, and also enable me to demonstrate this trust to all I come in contact with.
I rest in You, most gracious Lord. I receive sustenance and strength from You. I am eased and comforted by You. I know that I will not be shaken if I trust in You. I choose to do this. I go forward knowing that You surround me at all times. You are my refuge and my strength. I sink in to You. I ask You to receive me. Touch me with Your love. Fill me with Your power and wonderful giftings. Lead me in Your holy way, and let the fullness of Your presence outflow in all that I do.
I want to work for You. O how I desire this. But I seek Your clear guidance. I ask You to show me the way and then lead me in that way.
I trust You.
I praise Your name. Hallelujah!                  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment