Sunday 28 October 2018

Ordained

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book 
before one of them came to be.                           Psalm 139.16


What dos this tell me? Firstly, that my life span and scope, maybe, were determined before the very first day of my life. Sure, I have choice and the choices I make will affect the content of my days. But our all-knowing God is aware of this beforehand, and He makes the most of all that I do, working for good in all things.

This does not permit me to be lax and sloppy, but neither does it warrant that I live in self-blame. I release my faults to God in confession and repentance, and seek His way through.

Secondly, these words tell me that I am in God’s precious book. I might see this as the heavenly register of God’s decisions. O yes, please. God cares so much for me. I delight that He has made decisions regarding me, and I look to live in the fullness of His ways.



Lord God,
Your word today reminds me of Your care for me. Each one of my days is contained in Your book. O, Hallelujah! Praise Your name. 
I lay before You the wrong, the foolish, and the misdirected decisions I have made in and with my life. I ask Your forgiveness.
I look to go forward only in Your way. I seek Your guidance and direction. Lead me this day and each day to come. Let my ways be set in Your way. Meld my will in obedience to Your will. Unite my spirit with Your Holy Spirit.
Lord God, precious Saviour, hear my love for You. Receive me today and make me Yours. Lead me into God-ordained situations throughout this day. Know my desire to serve You. Take me and use me, in Jesus’ name I ask.                Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment