Friday 5 October 2018

Patient

I waited patiently for the Lord; 
he turned to me and heard my cry.             Psalm 40.1


Have there been times when I have been impatient with God? I’m sure there have!

Are there times when I wait for Him and He seems not to be there? Perhaps, but I’m feeling more and more strongly that the fault is with me and not with Him.

These words bring re-assurance to me. I will wait. But if I wait with patience, with forbearance, He will turn to me and hear my cry. I don’t see this as God playing silly games. I do see it as a growing of me, a growing in me. I am prepared to wait. I do so in the assurance that He will come. The waiting takes me into the stillness and the rest of God. God’s rest is so important. I will enter into it by being still before Him. As I am still, and as I enter His rest, so I will meet with Him, I will see Him as He turns to me and I will know that He hears all that I say to Him. Praise God!



Lord God,
I thank You that You’re with me right now. In this present stillness I feel Your rest. I am in that rest with You. This is a most wonderful place to be. Certainly, life is going on all around me, but I am at rest, at peace, with You. 
I am reminded of last week when You met with me in the shopping centre.
Lord God, I rejoice. I feel as if I am moving closer to You. I praise You. I thank You.
I will wait patiently for You. I shall practice the waiting. I shall practice being still, and entering Your rest. I will look for, and see, You turn, and I will know that You hear me.
Thank You, dear Lord.
Lead me through this day. I surrender to You.
         Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
                  Precious Lord.               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment