Wednesday 17 October 2018

God power

I believe I am finally in the home straight with respect to my chemotherapy treatment. I am feeling better – but I’m still looking to the day when I will feel really great! I thank all those who have prayed for me, and those who continue to pray for me. God bless you, your prayers are greatly appreciated. 

Now for some words of truth and thanks to our Heavenly Father.

Know that the LORD is God. 
It is he who made us and we are his; 
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.          Psalm 100.3


Let me face reality. God made me. I am His. As a shepherd cares for his sheep, so the Lord cares for me. In the times in which this psalm was first written, much of the work of the common folk was pastoral. The role of the shepherd was greatly significant. The  shepherd was totally committed to his flock, looking to their every need, never leaving them.

The Lord looks after His people in this total way, but there is more. My Lord and Saviour is Almighty God. He can do all things. Nothing is impossible to Him. This is my Lord. This is my God. This is my shepherd.

I sometimes feel that I’m living in the wrong place. My God can do ANYTHING! – and this is where I need to live.



Lord God,
Your Word is full of Your might, Your power, Your love and Your grace. Yet I seem to get only occasional glimpses of it.
Please, Lord, I want to live in the fullness of Your power. Would You lift me up to live in greater awareness of You, in the fullness of Christ in me, and in abundant anointing and Holy Spirit power? I seek this, Lord, and I ask for it. Your Word says to ask and you will receive.
Wonderful Lord, Holy Father, all things are possible with You and in You and through You. I can do all things. I ask for this. I look for this. Hallelujah! Praise Your wonderful, glorious, marvellous name.
I love You.            Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment