Saturday 20 October 2018

Praise

Accept, O Lord, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws.
                                                                                     Psalm 119.108


The praise of my mouth is genuine. I delight in the Lord and I pray that He would accept the praise of my mouth.

I want to please the Lord. I want also to serve Him and to serve His people. I seek to know His Word, to understand His law and precepts, and to live and work in them. I seek the help of the Lord in this. I echo the words of the psalmist, and I say:
         Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees; 
give me understanding, 
direct me in the path of your commands, 
for there I find delight.
Turn my heart towards your statutes 
and not towards selfish gain. 
Turn my eyes away from worthless things, 
preserve my life according to your word.



Lord God,
I earnestly cry out to You for these things. I so want to know You deeply and intimately. I want to dwell in Your Word and be filled with it. I yearn to serve You and to minister to Your people. Hear these my requests, and answer me. 

Fulfil your promise to your servant, 
so that You may be feared. 
Take away the disgrace I dread, 
for your laws are good. 
How I long for your precepts! 
Preserve my life in your righteousness.

Lord God, I love You.
Please may I serve You?                    Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment