Tuesday 30 October 2018

Refuge

I cry to you, O Lord; 
I say,” You are my refuge, 
my portion in the land of the living.”                           Psalm 142.5


Indeed, the Lord is my refuge. He is the place where I take shelter. I come to Him; I hide in Him. He also strengthens me. I find myself in Him. I am not weak when I am in Him. I may seek Him in a weakened state but, as I press in to Him, my weakness leaves me. I fold into His arms of comfort and strength and my weakness goes. It is replaced by the surest declaration of His sovereignty. His mercy and grace covers me. His love consumes me. Most certainly He is my refuge.

He is also my portion in the land of the living. He sustains me. He preserves my life. The trappings that I gather for myself will not sustain me nor lead me through. God alone can do that.

         My flesh and my heart may fail, 
but God is the strength of my heart   
and my portion forever.           Psalm 73.26


Precious Saviour,
I delight in You. You are the source, the origin of all things. You are also the sustainer – the force that animates me and keeps me going, the power that enables me.
I rejoice in You. I thank You for this new day and for the life You have vested in me. I look to go forward in You, upheld by You, guided by You, and filled with Your wonderful gifts.
I am motivated by You. Gracious, loving, caring God, let me show You to the world. Be in my thoughts, my words and my deeds.
Take my day and make it Yours,
In Jesus’ name I pray.              Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment