Friday 12 October 2018

Passionate love

O God, you are my God, 
earnestly I seek you; 
my soul thirsts for you, 
in a dry and weary land 
where there is no water.                             Psalm 63.1


Again I find myself echoing the words of the psalmist. I cry out for God. I am hungry and thirsty for Him. He alone is the way for me. The land in which I am living seems to be getting spiritually drier and more weary. The living water is being ignored and rejected in these days of Mammon.

I cry out for God – for myself and for this nation. And even beyond. The world needs saving. The Saviour has come. The light came into the world and was not received by the world.

God’s will is not dependent upon the world’s reception. God’s will is clear throughout His Holy Scriptures. He passionately loves mankind. He is sure to save. I rejoice in this. I cry out to my great God in my own behalf and for the whole of humanity.



Lord God,
You are my God. I rejoice in knowing that I am Yours and that You are there for me.
I earnestly seek You. You are my daily bread and the water of my life. I cannot exist without You. Hear my prayer and be with me today.
I pray also for the rest of humanity. Many know You, but many do not.
Dear Lord, please do not delay. Wrap Your arms around this world, and bring rescue, forgiveness, salvation and safety. The world needs You but does not know it. I cry out on behalf of the world. Hear my cry. Answer my prayer. 
Great God, lead me forward into this day. Direct my steps. Let all I do be pleasing to You, in Jesus’ name I ask.            Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment