Saturday 29 September 2018

Ever firm

But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.               Psalm 33.11


God is faithful. He is constant, and in an ever changing world this knowledge is both comforting and strengthening to the believer.

God has plans that stay firm for all time. The purposes of His heart will be achieved whatever man may seek to do that might conflict. Indeed, man is merely man. But God is supreme.

Now comes the most amazing part – God has plans – for ME! And His plans will be fulfilled. O, Hallelujah! I can rejoice, I will rejoice. God has specific purposes for my life which He has held in His heart for all time, and these purposes will be fulfilled, His plans for me will be met.

I bow in humble submission.



Lord God,
I rejoice in this new day in You, and I thank You for this most pertinent and timely word. I truly feel as if You are speaking directly and personally to me. I feel You are reminding me that You have plans for me. You have long-established purposes for my life, which will be achieved.
Daily, my Lord, I want to live in the fullness of Your plans and purposes for me. To this end, I give myself to You. I surrender to Your leading. I ask You to open doors for me to witness Jesus in a real and powerful way. I am willing to serve You wherever. I would delight to minister in Your Holy Spirit – all over the place.
But I will not presume. Forgive me if I fall into the trap of presenting my desires to You. I want to do Your will. I ask You to show me clearly so that there is no error on my part. Lead me. Empower and strengthen me. And in it all, let me know the wonderful peace of Jesus, in whose name I ask.               Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment