Tuesday 25 September 2018

Committing

Into your hands I commit my spirit; 
redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth.                   Psalm 31.5



The fullness of my trust in God comes forth if I am willing to commit my spirit into His hands. Yes, I am! I am His creation. I am indeed His, and I do not want it to be any other way.

I deposit, I deliberately “put” my spirit into God’s hands. And I feel secure and assured of the way forward. I know not where it will lead, but I am confident that I go forward with the God of truth – my faithful and trustworthy creator, mentor and friend.

He will redeem me. He will deliver me. As I ask Him to keep me from all evil, I know He will do this. I am confident in my Lord God, and I rejoice that I am confident also in knowing who I am in Him. 



Lord God,
Ithank You for this day. I look forward to the travel this day has for me with You.
I willingly – that is, by an act of my will – commit my spirit into Your hands. I look to who I am in You and to what I might do in You. You are the God of truth and I ask You to lead me in all truth.
My dear Father, this is such a wonderful time for me. To be able to sit and talk with You at the start of this day is uplifting and greatly pleasing.
Lead me on, Lord. Have Your way with me today, in Jesus’ name I ask.    Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment