Thursday 27 September 2018

Completely covered

Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
                                                                                          Psalm 32.1


As I read this verse I get the most wonderful picture of my sins completely coveredby the blood of Jesus, such that I appear in full purity because I am in Him.

Lord Jesus,
I thank You, O how I thank You for the covering of Your blood. I know that I am dirty and grubby with sin. Yet, as Your blood covers me, it does not trap the sin inside but rather dispels it. I am free of my sin in You, for all my transgressions – every tiny one – are forgiven.
Lord, I thank You. I know I do not have anything like a full realisation of the sacrifice of Your passion but, as far as I comprehend, I thank You. Your blood covers me and purifies me. Thank You gracious Lord.     Amen.


Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is not deceit. (v 2)

I know I am blessed because The Lord does not count my sin against me. I feel blessed. But I also desire the last part of this verse to be true. I want there to be no deceit in my spirit.


Lord God,
I come before You in penitence and faith. I n penitence, in true penitence, I confess any deceit that might be in my spirit. I include any self-deceit, anything that might try to tell me that there is no deceit in me.
Whether or not I am conscious of it, I bring it before You in humble confession and I ask Your forgiveness.
In faith I ask You to grant, and to give me, a guileless spirit. Lord, I am willing to appear innocent and worldly naïve if this is Your guilelessness in me. I pray You will infuse my spirit with Your Holy Spirit, filling me up with the very presence of Christ and the fullness of God.
In faith also I believe You will answer these prayers which I ask of You in Jesus’ name.            Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment