Saturday 8 September 2018

His son

I will tell of the decree of the LORD:
He said to me, “You are my son;
today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, 
and the ends of the earth your possession.”               Psalm 2.7,8


The first point from this Scripture is that God has decreed I am His son. This is inviolate, unalterable. It is true of Jesus, God has said it of David, and it applies also to me. I am as precious to God as David, and even Jesus. This is wonderful! This is something for me to truly get hold of. This is the place to live – secure in Him, firm in the knowledge that I am His son, His own begotten child. I am His. All heaven is on my side.

Secondly, He invites me to make request of him. As I ask, He will release the nations to me, the whole earth – to its very ends – will become my possession. I am reminded of the might of my God. Nothing in impossible with Him, all things are possible for me.



Lord God,
I come before You as Your son. I delight in You as Creator-God, as Saviour and Deliverer, as Comforter, as Friend, as Lover, and as my dear, loving heavenly Father.
I press in to You today, heavenly Dad. I look for Your company on my journey through this day of life. I knowYou will be with me. I seek an awareness of this the whole day long. I expect You to talk to me. I pray for an acuteness of hearing and senses that I might hear You, feel You and clearly receive what You are saying to me.
I ask for the nations from You. I see the world at my feet and I ask You to lead me forth. I so desire to minister the gospel of Jesus, wherever You would lead me. Show me Your way, Lord, and lead me in it, in Jesus’ name I ask.            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment