Tuesday 18 September 2018

Everything

The earth is the Lord’s and 
everything in it, 
the world, and all who live in it;                Psalm 24.1



What a glorious, wonderful reminder. The earth is indeed the Lord’s and everything and everybody in it belongs to Him.

The earth is in strife. Man is not able to contain events and progress in a good and harmonious way. Evil – in both subtle and non-too-subtle – ways proliferates. Satan is having a field day.

But the truth will stand. It cannot be denied. The earth is the Lord’s and He is in ultimate control.

Today I press in to God. I claim His covering over my life. I look for, I surrender to, His authority in all that I am. I salute my great God. I pray I might honour Him in all that I do today, and every day.



Lord God,
You are great and wonderful. The whole earth is a testimony to Your glorious creation. Yet most of the earth also acts in disobedience of Your ways and Your commands.
I pray that You would intervene in the ungodly ways of this world. I cry out in spiritual ardour for Your exquisite and supreme will to be seen in the world today. I pray for strong, Godly witness to come forth in all nations. I ask You to draw people to You in greater numbers than ever before.
I commit myself to You afresh today. You are my great Creator, my strong Guide, my sincere Friend and my faithful Guardian. I ask that You would place Your covering, protection and calling over the whole of my life. I surrender to Your authority and ask You to lead me in all that I do. I salute You, O great and wonderful One.
Father of all creation, hold me close today.
Have Your way in my life. Lead me on, in Jesus’ name I ask.    Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment