Friday 14 September 2018

Safe

Keep me safe, O God, 
for in you I take refuge.                            Psalm 16.1


I echo the psalmist’s cry. I come to the Lord and I take refuge in Him. I say also, with the psalmist, You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.(v2)

I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I shall not be shaken. (vv 7,8)


Lord God,
I come to You and I take refuge in You. I ask Your protection for myself and for my family. Lord, would You cover us all, even though we don’t all acknowledge You as we should? Lord, I ask You to spare us. Be with my extended family. Protect them and bring them into the totality of Your light. Be with my immediate family. Protect them, strengthen them, lead them into the fullness of You.
Father, I give You thanks for Your goodness, your grace and Your faithfulness.

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body will also rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One so decay.
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
(vv 9-11)

Lord, You are my Lord and my God.
I salute You. I receive the privilege of walking with You today. Lead me in Your wonderful ways. I rejoice in You.
Glory be to Your Name. Hallelujah! Precious Lord.                 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment