Saturday 2 September 2017

Rejoice

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!                                        Phil. 4.4


Paul’s exhortation is all embracing. His cry to us is to rejoice – always! Whatever the circumstance we face, whatever might be going on for us, Paul says “Rejoice”.

This might appear to be a tall order, a big ask, but is it really?

I see rejoicing as Spirit led rather than emotion driven. My emotions can lead me into doubt, dismay and self-pity. But if I am focused on Christ and surrendered to His Holy Spirit, I will see Him with me in all circumstances and situations. I am not alone. He is with me. The burden is shared. The grief is not solely mine. Light comes into the darkness as I allow it to flow.

I cannot do this when I function purely out of my human state and emotional reactions. I need to transcend that place. If I can bring myself to focus on Jesus and allow Him to enter into my pain or trial to the greatest degree I am able, then I can know He’s with me. He will comfort me and lift me up. I can reach a place in Him, with Him, where I rejoice.

This may not be easy, but I can do it if I focus on Him. Paul sees great importance in this, for he repeats himself: I will say it again: Rejoice!      

In all things I am called to rejoice. As with everything, I sense I need His help in this.



Dear Lord,
Today it is not difficult for me to rejoice. I am rested and all seems well in life. I thank You.
All days may not be as today is. I ask for Your help when the way gets rough and the journey gets tough. I know You are there for me. May I readily remember this as I need to.
I love You and I thank You, in Jesus.                 Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment