Sunday 24 September 2017

Needs met

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.      Phil. 4.19                                                                                                                                   


God gave this promise to the Philippians through Paul. I also appropriate it as God’s promise to me. And what a promise it is! It delights and excites me.

My needs will be met. When I was younger my needs seem to have been more materialistic than they are today. It is true that I still have material needs, and these I willingly surrender to God.

But when I now ask myself what I truly need, the answer comes more in an inner and personal way. I need peace. I believe Jesus had made a special gifting of peace to me. It is a wonderful gift, one which I gladly take for myself and one which I often appropriate for others.

I need contentment and this seems to be coming into my life in greater measure. I need love, and I’m blessed to receive this from family, friends and, of course, God.

As I surrender my needs to God, He provides. And this is no meagre or even adequate provision. No! God provides for me in accordance with all the glorious riches that exist in Christ Jesus. God cares for me out of the fullness of heaven. Whether my need is practical, material, emotional and personal I can look to Him, and He will provide for me in abundance. I am so thankful that I have stopped relying on myself. He is my provider. To Him I look, in all things.



Mighty God and Loving Heavenly Father,
I yield up to You every need in my life. I rejoice that Your provision for me is in the fullness of the glorious riches of Christ Jesus. May I know this fullness in all of me, in every aspect of my living.
I thank You, in Jesus’ precious name.               Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment