Tuesday 26 September 2017

Benediction

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.                                 Phil. 4.20


What a glorious benediction Paul shares with us here. May God, who is not only our God but also our loving Father, receive glory at all times – without ceasing. Let us honour God and sing praise and glory to Him in continuity and perpetuity.  

As I ponder on these words, I reflect how great and wonderful God is. He has made everything that there is. He created it all, and it is a creation of love. God extends His love from the greatest to the least. No created thing is denied God’s love. This is wondrous and most worthy of our glory and praise.

I have said that nothing in all of creation need be deprived of God’s love but, sadly, many choose not to receive it. They scorn and even abuse our wonderful God.

This is cause for intercession. Believers can stand in the gap created by others’ rejection of God. We can stand in this space and place, and humbly beseech God to reach out and draw these people to Him. I do not interrupt my praise and glory of God to bring this prayer to Him, I merely incorporate intercession within my praise, adoration and glory.



Lord, Mighty and Loving God,
I praise You and glorify You for Your great being. I thank You for the wonderful things You’ve done in my life.

I pray for those who do not acknowledge You as I do. I cry out for them, and ask You to draw them to You. Show them the reality of Your love. Bring them to that place of knowing You, of truly knowing You.                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment