Sunday 10 September 2017

Whatever

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.                                                               Phil. 4.8


I can choose the things I ponder on. I can be selective in how I run my life. Here, Paul gives me a selection of the most wonderful things to ponder on and to apply to my daily living: whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy. Wow! What an encouragement! What a feast of good things to feed on.

What I mull over in my mind can greatly affect the responses of my body. These can be positive or negative. Again, like so much of this life, I have a choice. May I choose wisely for the quality of my living stems from my choices.

As I journey through the day today, I will aim to look for and take in the good things that I see, that which is true, noble, right, pure, loving, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy. I’ve now repeated these words twice. As I write them down, and sound them in the process, they just are good. This in itself impacts me. Let me, then, be aware. May I be acutely conscious of those positive qualities as I live out today. May I look for acts of kindness. May I be a promoter of such acts.

Paul exhorts me to think about such good things. I want to do more than think about them. I want to live them.



Lord God,
Again I ask You to lead me through this day. Show me, please, those things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy. Let me see these things, and let me live them. May my life today bring blessing, and glory to You. I ask this in Jesus’ loving name.          Amen.







My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").


No comments:

Post a Comment