Thursday 28 September 2017

God's grace

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.                         Phil. 4.23


Here’s another short verse that opens up a whole array of wonder and blessing. Paul very simply prays the grace of Jesus on the Philippians.

The grace of Jesus is immense. It is all embracing and totally releasing. Nothing is impossible when the grace of God is released, and this is what is given to us through our Lord Jesus Christ.

This grace that Paul spoke of to the Philippians is available to each and every one who receives Jesus as Saviour and Lord. It is all sufficient. It is enough: My grace is sufficient for you (2 Cor. 12.9).

I live in the grace of God. I choose to live this way and I would not have it any other way. I could rely on my own strength and ability, but I know this would only take me so far. Yes, I use my God given abilities and I go forward in the strength that God has given me. But I do not restrict myself to these. I know there is more for me, and the more is in Him. I give my utmost to reaching that right balance between what I am meant to do in my own enabling and then looking to God for what only He can do, and what I can do only in Him. I don’t always get the balance right. I need to persevere.

Every situation is a new challenge. But as I cultivate the practice of fixing my eyes on Jesus, and keeping them fixed on Him, then I progress in achieving the balance I need, first in my spirit, then flowing through into my body and my behaviour.



Dear Lord Jesus,
I look to You. Yours is the only way I want to go. Lead me in Your way. Journey with me, in Your precious name I ask.                Amen.







My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").


No comments:

Post a Comment