Sunday 4 June 2017

The Christ truth

… and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  
              Phil. 2.11

Here Paul suggests the universal acceptance and declaration of Jesus as Lord. In the name of Jesus the whole earth will glorify God the Father. What a wonderful expectation this is!

And I will expect this! As I look over today’s world, Christ seems to have been dismissed from most people’s perspectives. For many, it seems, He is not the Son of God, the way of redemption, and the entry to eternal life. “What is eternal life anyway?”

Is this cause for despair? I think not! The history of Christianity reflects many periods of darkness. Some indicate rejection of the Christ truth, others remind us of the distortion that human thinking can bring to the divine message. Christ has survived many a crisis and I don’t believe He intends to go under now.

No! I see no valid reason to despair. But I see many reasons to pray. Indeed, as many reasons as there are unbelievers and unsaved.

God has declared clearly that the work is His. My contribution is to intercede and ask Him to touch the souls of those unbelievers and non-believers. Some are known to me, many are not. I believe God knows each and every one. I know He wants all to be saved. Maybe my prayer can help.



Loving and Mighty God,

I thank You for my salvation. I cry out for those who do not know You and do not walk in intimate relationship with You. My prayer is that You will reach out to them, reveal Yourself in ways that will draw them undeniably to You. The world needs You. I pray for the world and its salvation, in Jesus’ name.                 Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment