Tuesday 6 June 2017

Struggle

… for it is God who is at work in you, enabling you both to will and to work for his good pleasure.                                                                                                                   Phil. 2.13


These words follow those of Paul exhorting me to work out my salvation in fear and trembling. Together they remind me of the constant struggle that can be outworking within the human.

There is, undoubtedly, a sinful element at work in me. Indeed, I have seen just recently how damaging this influence can be in my life and how diligent I must be in guarding against it.

Yet, time and again, I suffer from my own insufficiency. This is where it is helpful, nay even vital, that I remember that God is also at work in me. And He will lead me, as I allow Him, to His will and His work in me, for me, and for Him and His pleasure.



Dear Lord,

I sometimes sin and dishonour You by my thoughts and actions. This does not happen just once. I’m tired, Lord, of continual disobedience.

I confess and repent before You. I ask Your forgiveness and release. And I pray this release from the temptation to sin. Help me, Lord, I beg of You.

May I be reminded of Your working in me. Let me feel the power of Your presence inhabiting me. I offer myself for anything and everything that You would choose to do in me and with me.

I love you, and it grieves me when I falter. Dear Lord, help me.

I ask You to lead me into this new day. May we experience a new start together. Work in me anew, for Your good pleasure. I ask this, humbly and sincerely, in Jesus’ name.                           Amen.                                                                                                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment