Friday 2 June 2017

Choosing

“But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to make this freewill offering? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you.”
                                                                                                                    1 Chron. 29.14

David is not to build the temple, but he has made lavish provision of what is needed to execute the work. Having done all that he has, he realises that all things, everything he has graciously and generously given to God’s temple, in fact comes from God Himself. He is the provider, and anything we humans “give” to God is merely a returning to God of what He has given to us.

This is true, yet I see in this scenario something that David gives to God that is of his own to give. And this is the choice to donate, the choice to be active, the choice to bless God, to give to Him and to work with Him. Certainly all I might come across that I can tangibly give to God is provided by Him in the first place. But He has given me the ability to choose. He has “gifted” me with freedom in this area. This is something I can give to Him.

David recognised that God is the sovereign provider. And if David realised he was exercising free choice when he gave to God, he would no doubt have worked out that even his choice was God’s. It was God’s gift to him.

Nevertheless, David gave back to God by choosing to do so. And he blessed God by his actions. I choose to serve God with my life. I don’t know that I always make the right choice in particulars, but I give my heart to Him and ask His leading.



Lord God,

It seems that David sought Your way and was not reluctant to come to You and seek particular guidance. I want to please You with my life. And so I ask You to guide me specifically and purposely into all that You would have me do. I choose You, and Your way for me.               Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").



No comments:

Post a Comment