Thursday 8 June 2017

All things

Do all things without murmuring and arguing…                                            Phil. 2.14


This is a good starting point for the Christian. Everything we do, for it does say all things, must be done without murmuring or complaining, and without arguing.

I attempt to turn this negative without into a positive with. It comes out something like this:
Do all things with kindness and intent of heart for the well-being of the other. Give words of encouragement and comfort where this is called for. Connect with others in the most positive and loving way. See them as the most important when you are called to serve them. Rejoice in all that you do, for as you do to and for others, so you do for Him. What opportunity! What blessing!

I’ve identified this as a starting point. What do I really mean by this? Perhaps I’m seeing it as the foundation and basis from which all our other behaviour and living stem.

And I sense the living will flow. If I look to the right response from me to others, God will cause the activity to ensue. And, as I place myself under His care and guidance, He will hold me up. It is no easy thing to live in obedience to God. Indeed, few, if any, achieve it in this life. This will not deter me. I can always look to Him. I can run to Him at any time. He is ever willing to help me. He will not let me down.



Lord God,

I offer myself to be joined with You in all the journeyings through this life. I place myself in inseparable partnership with Jesus. I thank You for Your constancy. I ask You to direct my steps as I journey forth. I thank You for Your love and care.                    Amen.







My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment