Thursday 29 November 2018

Mercy

I said, “O LORD, have mercy on me; 
heal me, for I have sinned against you.”             Psalm 41.4


This short and simple verse gives a complete prayer. I am a sinner, and however much effort I put into aiming for a sinless walk, I will fail.

So, what do I do? Do I give up and label myself “a hopeless sinner”? No, for my situation is not hopeless. I may be a sinner but I am also redeemed. My wonderful Lord Jesus paid the price for my sin and restored me into right relationship with the Father. This allows me to cry out in my sin for God’s mercy and forgiveness. 

God freely forgives a repentant sinner. He brings healing from the sin and, often, healing from physical or emotional dis-ease that might well have been occasioned by the sin.



Lord God,
You are wonderful. I look to You and I marvel. Each time I come to You in my sinful state I want to hope that it will not happen again. But it does!
Yet Your great and gracious mercy forgives me and sets me free.
Lord God, I know that I will never be free of sin, yet my desire is to so please You that sin will not be any problem.
I dare to ask for healing. Lord, may I be healed and filled with the fullness of Christ in me. I get so excited, Lord, to know that You are in me.
Oh! Precious Jesus, take me and lead me forward into this day, in Your sweet name I ask.                 Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment