Saturday 3 November 2018

Near

The LORD is near to all who call on him, 
to all who call on him in truth.                         Psalm 145.18


The Hebrew for ‘near’ is qarob-kaw-robe (sorry for lack of accents, my computer won’t show them to me). It means ‘allied’. The American Heritage Dictionary describes allied as:
1.    Joined or united in a close relationship.
2.    Of a similar nature.

I am reminded that I am created in God’s image. Before sin, I was endowed with His nature. I am indeed related to Him.

And as I call on Him, He draws me into a close relationship with Him.

God is spirit and truth. In calling to Him I must call in truth. I need to exercise godly integrity. He hears me all times. I pray I may always call on Him with godly integrity.



Lord God,
I come before You with praise and thanksgiving. I open my heart and call out to You in integrity and faith.
You are my maker and guide. You are my master and friend, my father, my mentor, my inspiration and my lover.
I call on You, sweet Lord.
I seek Your closeness to me. I pray You will join me to You in the closest relationship. Let me know one-ness with You.
I dare to hope that I might become a friend of God. Not only do I hope this, I also dare to believe it.
Draw me near to You today, my Lord. Infuse me with Your Spirit. Impregnate me with Your very being. And let me not contain this to myself, but share it wonderfully abroad. In Jesus’ name I ask.                  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment