Monday 19 November 2018

Chosen

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.                           Eph. 1.4


I can read these words and be tempted to say, “Yes, I know!” But do I really know? Do I really take in the truth of these words to the depth of my being, into the very core of who I am? 

He chose me. The Lord, Almighty God, chose me before He made anything. I exist by divine election. He has adopted me as His own. I am a child, indeed a son, of the most mighty, most powerful, most loving and amazing being. He can do anything. And He has chosen me as His son. This truth needs to sink much deeper into my fibre than I think it presently sits.

Yes, He has chosen, adopted, predestined me. I am an incontrovertible part of His divine, cosmic plan. Wow! O, to find my true being in Him.

He chose me to be holy and blameless in His sight. He did not choose me because I am holy but, because He has chosen me, I become holy and blameless in His sight.

As I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour,I received an impartation of holiness from Him. As I offer myself fully and unashamedly to Him, I believe He will lead me in a process of personal sanctification. I so want this. I so need this! I am, at best, a miserable sinner. But my glorious Lord lifts me up out of sin and presents me holy and blameless in the sight of the Almighty.



Lord God,
I thank You for this wonderful word which I receive as a personal promise. I need cleansing and release. I ask You for this.
I pray also for further revelation of just who I am in You. I look to be filled up with all the fullness of Christ. I rejoice in You. I abandon myself to You this day.

I praise and glorify You. Hallelujah!           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment