Tuesday 25 April 2017

Harmony

Now these are the chiefs of David’s warriors, who gave him strong support in his kingdom, together with all Israel, to make him king, according to the word of the LORD concerning Israel.                                                                                           1 Chron. 11.10


As I read these words the phrase that comes into my mind is” “Hail to the Lord’s anointed”, for David is surely anointed, and mightily supported by God.

It is God’s plan that David should lead Israel. What an absolute base this is to operate from. God is with David. But not only this, the chiefs, his warriors and all of Israel are with David. He has their support and allegiance. It strikes me that all things come into harmony when God is in control, when we look to Him, and when we give ourselves to His plan. And when we all work together with God and in God, great things happen.

I am greatly encouraged by this verse and the understanding I have gained from it. I do not doubt that God is behind the loyalty of the men, and of the nation, that supported David.

I give myself wholeheartedly to whatever God would have of me. And I look to Him to work in all circumstances to bring about any support or co-operation I might need.

Certainly there are things I might do. There may be things I must do. But I will be discerning in this. The fundamental action is to be led, always, by God. And this I see facilitated by a simple act of surrender. God does not require any great ability or skill from me, but merely my obedience.





Lord God,


I come to You in willingness, and trust, and full surrender. I ask You to have Your way in me. I look to You for the provision of anything and everything I might need to live for You. I thank You, in Jesus’ precious name.                      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment