Thursday 27 April 2017

Collaboration

These are the numbers of the divisions of the armed troops who came to David in Hebron to turn the kingdom of Saul over to him, according to the word of the LORD.                     1 Chron. 12.23                                                                                        



The chronicler continues by listing contingents from the twelve tribes of Israel who came to David’s support and to replace him as king instead of Saul. David had support from representatives of every part of God’s people.

What I see here is God and people working together. There is a harmony which only willing collaboration can bring. I wonder if the men involved knew they were working for God! They may well have felt goodwill in coming together. They might have experienced the amazing peace that only God can produce. But did they know that they were working directly and in harmony with the mighty and all-loving God?

I sense God saying something like: “Sometimes I let my people know clearly and without any doubt that they are working in holy partnership with me. At other times they may simply have a sense that they are doing the right thing. They may feel good about what they are doing. Yet again there may be times when human realisation and response is somewhere between the two examples above. What is important to me is that humanity gives itself into my plan and is willing to be guided and directed by me. My plans for you are truly wonderful. You can have no real conception of what I might do if only you allow me. So, give yourself freely into my will and my way, and get ready to be astounded!”





Lord, Great God and Loving Father,

I come! I give myself to You in all the fullness that I can muster. I ask You to take me and release those parts of me that I seem unable to let go of. Have Your way fully in me, in Jesus’ name I ask.                Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment