Sunday 1 March 2015

First turn

When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”                                                                                                                                                      John 2.3


Jesus and His disciples attended a wedding at which His mother was also a guest. When the wine provision was depleted, Mary referred to Jesus.

Jesus’ reply appeared to be one of rebuttal: “Dear woman, why do you involve me? My time has not yet come.” Despite saying this, He proceeded to work a miracle, and turned water into wine.

It’s interesting that Mary instantly turned to Jesus. What a lesson there is in this story! When things beset us we should instantly turn to Jesus. He is the answer in all things, at all times. O that we would learn from Mary! Let’s turn first to Jesus, and not wait until all other avenues are exhausted and then we are truly desperate.




Lord God,

Help me to turn, more and more, to You in the first instance. I see in the example of the miracle at Cana, how vital it is to turn to You. Your response to Mary was that Your time had not yet come. I rejoice that Your time is now. You are here and ready to lead in all of life.

I surrender to You. I ask You to take me today and lead me in those paths where You would have me go, paths where I may please and delight You.

I pray for those who may be needing You. I pray especially for those who are lost. May all come to know that You have the answer. You turned the water into wine, and the party tasted of a superior product. And so it is when we allow You into our lives. We experience a greater thing.

Lord Jesus, I want to live in the greater things of You. Lead me on, in You precious name I ask.                 Amen.


My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment