Friday 27 March 2015

Another Adventure

“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”           Matt. 28.20b


My departure for overseas this year is timed a little earlier than in previous years. This is in order to benefit from the Easter school holidays. This year I am taking my Grandson, Joshua, on his first overseas trip.

The itinerary is somewhat different to my previous visits to Spain and the pilgrimage journeys. This year there will be more focus on sightseeing, though we hope to do a reasonable amount of walking. And, as always, we will be journeying with God – walking with Jesus.

Already I am feeling an excitement about where He will take us and what He might show us. I am thrilled to be sharing this experience with my Grandson. May the good Lord reveal wonders of His creation as we travel, and may He connect us with like-minded and beautiful believers in whatever places we find ourselves.

I commit this time, as indeed I commit each and every day, into the fullness of his will. May we know His powerful and sweet presence with us every step of the way, and every minute of each day.

My Lord Jesus is the most wonderful travelling companion. May we both know that He is with us, and may His light shine forth from us to touch and bless all those we meet on the way.




Lord God,

I commit this new adventure to You. I pray for Joshua and myself. May we know Your protection over us at all times. Keep us in the fullness of good health. Let us receive Your provision in every instance. Allow us to enjoy each other’s company and every interaction with those we come in contact with. Above all, may we share our travels with You, to the mutual benefit of us all.

I pray for the places we visit. Let us see the sights You wish us to see. Let us meet the people You would have us connect with in God-ordained encounter.


I ask that You keep us from any adverse incidents or meetings. May we know Your grace and favour in every instance. May we delight You in our travels and in the way we conduct ourselves. Lead us on, in Jesus’ name I ask.                   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment