Sunday 22 March 2015

Testimony

Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.”                                                  John 4.39


An unnamed, wayward Samaritan woman quite possibly became the first missionary of the New Testament. She was effective through the simple act of relating what Jesus had done for her. How easy is that? Through this unlikely source, many around her came to believe.

As mature as I would like to see myself as a Christian, I still think of myself as an unlikely source for evangelism. I can take a clear lesson from this unknown lady of so long ago. Her strength was her reality. Jesus had opened her eyes with His truth. Despite the subject matter showing her up unfavourably, she freely told those around her of the amazing things that Jesus had said.

She tells me that I am not to be ashamed of anything that Jesus might reveal about me, whether known by me or not. All truth can be used by Him for His praise and glory.

Oh, that I might follow the Samaritan woman and spread the good news by the word of my testimony.




Lord Jesus,

I feel slightly ashamed that a person such as the Samaritan woman can be such an advocate for You. I am no better than she, yet that she seems to have spoken more freely about You than I do.

I want to be a freer, better, more open witness for You. Help me please. Let the words come out of my mouth in the right way at the right time. May Your Holy Spirit alert me to situations wherein I can be Your ambassador. You are so very real to me. Enable me, please, to share that reality more and more as I journey through this life. Help me in this, in Your precious name I ask.                    Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment