Sunday 29 March 2015

Are You there Lord?

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD.          (Jer. 29.13,14a)

Our first day of travelling was long and a little exhausting, but generally without incident. We had a two hour wait at Kuala Lumpur for the connecting flight to Penang but all went well. We were pleased to arrive at a most comfortable Penang hotel.

Waking the next day, I was mindful of God encouraging me to seek Him in this place. I had absolutely no idea of what lay ahead. After breakfast we decided to start the day's exploration utilising the hop-on-hop-off bus. We had made just a couple of stops when, heaven forbid, I lost my wallet! Dismay and mild panic hit together. At risk were bank cards and driver's licence. What would this mean if I did not recover them? God, where are You?

A seemingly endless walk in high temperature and matching humidity got us back to the hotel - much thanks to Joshua's navigating. The hotel staff were most helpful, contacting the bus company, then reporting back to me that no wallet was found. In exploring every eventuality, I returned to the bus stop, met with the company's local manager, and together we searched the bus when it came round again. But still no wallet.

Ah well! Next followed a couple of hours on long-distance phone calls cancelling cards, and also the hire car booked for Germany. Without my driver's licence I could not proceed.

Having seen to the necessary, I decided we should then get on with our holiday. We enjoyed a wonderful visit to Penang Hill, the view from the top being simply breathtaking. On returning to the city we enjoyed a most pleasant dinner.

So the day was not totally lost. But where was God in it? As I reflect on these most recent events, my mind goes back to my pilgrimage walk in Spain last year. Several times during that walk I had no option but to trust God - completely! I did, and I know I grew. I'm sensing something similar now. God has planned His holiday for us this year. He simply wants us to trust Him. I know I can do this, and I will. But, if you are willing, I'd appreciate your prayers. Thank you. God bless.




Lord,
I know You're in charge. I thank You for today and all the events of the day, especially the wonderful people I met. I trust You. I look forward to the holiday You have planned for us.  I love You.     Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment