Tuesday 10 March 2015

No Lies

 – a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,                                     Titus 1.2


Paul is talking to Titus about faith and knowledge – the faith of God’s elect and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness. This faith and knowledge rests on the hope of eternal life which God promised even before time itself.

Paul reminds Titus of this promise, making it quite clear that God does not lie.

This is a reminder that, perhaps, I need to refresh from time to time: God does not lie.

The Word of God is full of promises which stand for me, and for all who would believe. God has promised and God does not lie.


I believe God has given me, both directly and through the words of others, certain undertakings and promises for my own edification and blessing. God has promised these things and God does not lie.

I take hold, I receive anew, everything that God has promised me. I rejoice and I give thanks.





Lord God,

I give You thanks today for this reminder of Your many glorious promises and Your word of faithfulness and truth. You have promised, Lord, and You do not lie.

I thank You. I rejoice. I exalt You and I marvel at who I am in You.

I receive anew every promise that is in Your Word for me. I take again each and every personal promise You have made to me in every way. I look to go forward in Your promises. I believe in the fulfilment of Your promises to me, each and every one of them.

Lead me, precious Saviour. In power let me minister in You, receiving the outworking of every promise, each in its due time and season.

My love for You overflows.


O Lord, lead me on. Hallelujah! I praise Your Name.           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment