Monday 16 March 2015

Work

“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.”            
                                                                                                                        John 4.34

Jesus lived only to do the Father’s will. He “fed” on the Father’s will. What a beautiful picture this conjures up.

His mission was to finish the Father’s work. During His life on earth Jesus fulfilled what was required of Him. Even so, the work is incomplete. But the good news is that Jesus, the Christ, will return, and He will bring the Father’s work to perfect completion. Hallelujah! Praise our great God!

Meanwhile, I am here! And I believe I have work to do – the Father’s work. Jesus said, “Follow me!” I take this seriously. I want to be as much like Jesus, to truly follow Him, as much as I am able to. He lived to do the Father’s will. I seek to do likewise. When He left this earth, his work for that time was complete. I seek to fulfill all that the Father would have of me in my time here.




Holy Lord,

I thank You, not only for the salvation I have received through Jesus, but also for His wonderful example to me of obedience to Your will.

My earnest desire is to live in the fullness of Your will and to be and to do all that You would have of me.

To this end, I live in constant surrender to You. It’s not what I want but what You want. I look for Your way in all things.

I believe that You show me. You have promised to open doors for me and You have undertaken to close doors. When an opportunity presents itself I look to this as a door that You are opening. I ask You, therefore, to close any opening that might not be Your way for me. If it is not in Your will for me, I ask You to deny it happening.

Lead me on, Lord. I only want to go Your way. I thank You, in Jesus’ name.            Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment