Friday 13 March 2015

Water of Life

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”                                      John 4.13, 14


I want the water that Jesus gives. I believe I have tasted of this water, but I want more. This is the water of eternal life, but it can be at work in me – washing, refreshing, equipping and working – in the here and now.

This “water” wells up within me. The Greek verb used here denotes vigorous action. The water leaps up or jumps up within me. It springs up and bubbles up like the fresh invigorating water of a mountain stream. This action is for now in me. As I receive the living water of Jesus, I become totally alive in Him. He bubbles up within me, and I leap and jump about in Him.

I can’t get enough of this living water. I want more. And, indeed, when I have more, I shall ask for more again. I shall not be ashamed to do this, for I will willingly give away what God wants me to share and impart.

I feel that I truly come alive when I minister for Him. I want all I can get in order that I might serve Him to the fullest. He tells me to ask, and I will receive. Therefore, I ask!




Holy Lord,

Your invitation is to everyone to drink of Your water. I drink it, Lord, but I ask for more. My fervent desire is to love You with all of my being, and to share that love freely and widely with those I know and meet.

Your water enables me. Your water strengthens and releases me. It springs and bubbles up within me. I leap and jump about and rejoice in You as this living water flows freely into me, out from me, and all around me.

Lord, I ask for more water, indeed, an endless supply. But what I’m really asking for is more of You, endlessly You. Hear my prayer and answer it, in Your precious name I ask.
                                                                                                                                    Amen.


My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").






No comments:

Post a Comment