Wednesday 25 March 2015

Signs?

“Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders,”  Jesus told him, “you will never believe.”                                                                                                                      John 4.48


Jesus here seems to show concern that the Galileans need the demonstration of miracles in order to believe.

Even the disciples looked for signs. When Thomas asked to see the marks on Jesus’ hands after the crucifixion and resurrection, Jesus said, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” (John 20.29)

Jesus’ preference, it would seem, is for us to believe without great demonstrations of God’s mighty power. Notwithstanding, it is clear that signs, miracles and wonders are potent in the witness to non-believers, and provide great encouragement to believers.

I do believe. Do I need signs and miracles? I believe I have already experienced some in my Christian journey, so it is difficult to say I don’t need them. What I do know is that I’d like to see signs, wonders and miracles manifest in my ministry for God, because I delight to see His power operate in the lives of his creation.




Lord God,

I do believe, and I attribute this to Your divine intervention in my life. I think I can believe without the manifestation of signs, wonders and miracles. Yet I do humbly ask that I might see such things come to pass as I minister for You.

There are many hurting and suffering Christians to whom miraculous intervention could bring relief, hope and joyful witness. There are so many living presently in darkness for whom miraculous events would put on the light of God, demonstrating His sovereign and irrefutable power.

I love You and seek to live fully in Your will. I pray this might include seeing the miraculous in my journey with You. I pray this in Jesus’ name.           Amen.



My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").





No comments:

Post a Comment