Thursday 26 February 2015

Nothing false

When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false.”                                                                                       John 1.47


It is both sobering and encouraging to realize that, when Jesus looks on us, He sees us as we really are. He sees the truth. Even if we have created masks or false behavior to cover up pain, hurt or fear, Jesus can see right through. He sees to the heart. And the individual’s heart is the essence of the individual.

Where there is hurt, Jesus can cure. Where there is damage, Jesus can restore. Where there are masks, Jesus can remove them and reveal the beauty of the child of God that lies underneath.

I thank my God for the work He has done in me. I rejoice that Jesus sees me as I really am. I am not always happy with what He sees on the surface, but I take heart that He knows my heart, and my heart is for Him.




Lord God,

I am realizing afresh the honesty of our relationship. I thank You for this. I know I have many flaws and, likely, You see even more than I will admit to. Yet You forebear with me. I know You have a plan for me and You are progressively leading me forward in that plan. You are forming me into the shape You have for me. Again I thank You.

I surrender to You. I yield every aspect of myself. I ask You to have Your way completely in me. If anything is in the way of Your plan and purposes for me I pray You will remove it.

I want that You would enjoy me. I seek to do Your will, in every detail. I delight to share You with others and I ask for many opportunities to do so.

My life is so very different since You drew me to You as a travelling companion. My hope is to journey through every day in close company with You. I ask You now to draw me close, and lead me on. I ask these things of You, in Jesus’ name.                     Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment