Tuesday 17 February 2015

Life

In him was life, and that life was the light of men.                                       John 1.4


Life is in Jesus. In fact, He is “the life”. And He gives this life as a free gift to all. Without Jesus we are relatively lifeless. The person who has received life from Jesus, who lives and breathes and has their being in Him can easily see the lack of life in those without Jesus. This life of Jesus is a deep inner spring that waters, feeds and nourishes the very essence of a person.

The life that is in Jesus is the light of all humanity. It beckons like a beacon. It attracts like a magnet. And when an individual truly catches the life in Jesus, the whole being radiates with His light.


Life and light go together. The light shines in the darkness and dispels it. The light of Jesus can dispel darkness in an individual or the whole world. Bring on the light, and let all receive the life that is in Jesus.




Lord God,

I rejoice that I have life in Jesus and I pray that His life will shine in me and from me like the brightest light. I want to “beam” Jesus wherever I am.

I thank You for this life that fills and invigorates me. May it consume me and flow continually from me.

I pray earnestly for those who do not have the life. They are without true light and I see them as living in shadow. O Holy One, may Your light shine upon them and Your life capture them. Draw them out of the darkness and let them live in the wonder and glory of Your light. May they let go of the things of shadow. May they see clearly the distinction that is life in the light. May they enjoy the fullness of life in You.

Lord, Holy God, let Your light shine clearly in the darkness of this world. May the true message of the passion and the triumph of Christ ring clearly across the globe, in Jesus’ name I ask.               Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment