Friday 6 September 2019

Provision


“Come, all you who are thirsty,come to the waters, and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.”            Isa. 55.1



The invitation stands for all time. The Father invites us to come to the waters and quench our thirst. Am I thirsty? Yes, I am thirsty, always for more of God. God’s provision is at no cost to me. The cost was paid by Jesus when He gave His life. All I must do is to look to Him and give Him my allegiance, allowing Him to lead me in the life that the Father has for me. When I write “All I must do”, this is the truth. When I am in right relationship with God, I need not concern myself with anything else.

Jesus says, “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and everything else will be given to you.” As I fix my eyes on Jesus, I become totally wrapped in Him. I am transfixed by His presence. Joy overflows within me. I think of nothing else, nor do I need to.

When I put Jesus first, it seems that I am pleasing the Father, for He has proved in my life that I need worry for nothing. He has been faithful to me. I remember His promise to me of many years ago when He told me I would never lack for anything. I have found that He has faithfully provided.

He tells me not to worry. I give myself to do as He says. I am not always successful, but this will not deter me. I will do what I can.

God is my provider, and I gratefully receive all that He has for me.



  

Holy Father,
I give myself to all that You have for me. When times appear difficult, I know that You are with me. I am grateful. Yes, I thank You most profoundly. Please guide me in Your way. Lead me in truth and have Your way in me and with me. Thank You.                Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment