Wednesday 11 September 2019

Free

In righteousness you will be established: 
Tyranny will be far from you; 
you will have nothing to fear. 
Terror will be removed; 
it will not come near you.                                            Isa.54.14


Isaiah speaks of righteousness and that I will be established in it. God is righteousness. I truly believe that I am established in God, but I want more. I would deeply desire to be swamped in God, to almost drown in Him, for I know I would not drown. I would be upheld and totally filled with all that is Him. The prospect is very, very inspiring, and totally inviting.

In God I will be free of tyranny. I might see it, but I will be far from it. It cannot impact or affect me for God is with me. I will have nothing to fear. This is something for me to hold close right now, and to take forward into all time. 

Through His ministry, Jesus consistently encourages me to “Fear not”. I suggest that extreme fear can be compared with terror. Isaiah tells me that terror, like tyranny, will be removed from me; it will not come near me.

Like many other instances in the Scriptures, I see these words as words of promise. God’s Word is full of promises, and I keep finding more. I claim these promises, as I do with every one of God’s promises that I encounter. God is truth, therefore His promises are real. God is faithful and His promises will come to pass. Some may be realised after my lifetime. The timing is God’s alone, as is the way in which the promise will be fulfilled. This brings me to a reflection on trust. God needs me to trust Him – and I do.



Mighty God,
Like you, Your promises are mighty. I claim each and every promise that You have for me. I also give myself to You for the realisation and outworking of your promises. I trust You, and this enables me to relax and not concern myself with the fulfilment of Your promises. Thank you.                Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment