Wednesday 25 September 2019

No exception

“…these I will bring to my holy mountain 
and give them joy in my house of prayer. 
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices 
will be accepted on my altar; 
for my house will be called 
a house of prayer for all nations.”                                 Isa.56.7


The prophecy refers to foreigners who bind themselves to the LORD to serve Him, all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it and who hold fast to my covenant…(v6)

Where do the words go from here? God says He will bring these people to His holy mountain, and He will give them joy in His house of prayer. Furthermore, He will accept their burnt offerings and sacrifices. These words were spoken out to the Israelites, to God’s chosen people. The actions described may well have been seen by the Israelites as exclusive to them. They were not! The door was being opened to non-Jews as well as to Jews.

It (v6) presents to me as saying anyone, anyone whatsoever who receives the Lord, who binds themselves to serve Him, to worship Him, to keep the Sabbath without desecration, and who hold fast to His covenant, will be brought to His holy mountain and they will be given joy in His house of prayer.

The Scriptures indicate that God’s “holy mountain” connects with Mount Zion in Jerusalem where Jews – and now non-Jews -  may meet with God. For me, God’s holy mountain is that most special place where I can go, at any time, and be with Him, know His presence with me, and be refreshed in His grace and love.

We can meet God in prayer. God tells us clearly that His house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.No one is exempt, all are welcome. Hallelujah!


Holy Father,
You have opened Yourself to receive all people. You give a very simple qualification – we need to receive You and honour You fully. As we do this, we enter into a relationship better and sweeter and more loving than any other we could know. Thank You.           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment