Thursday 29 August 2019

Delight

For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.                                                               Psalm 149.4


There is no greater gift than salvation. We may talk of extreme generosity as “giving the earth”. Salvation is much, much more that giving the earth. Salvation is the gift of eternal life. It is the giving of heaven and all that is in it. And that wonderful life begins the moment that salvation is received. As I presently live in eternal life, as heaven is mine, things of the earth will follow suit. I declare that I shall be in want for nothing, for the Lord of all heaven and earth is my provider. He will give me all that I need.

The humble are “crowned” with salvation by the Lord. Those who see themselves without resources in this life are indeed covered in the splendour of God’s salvation. The present assurance of eternal life lifts the individual into the delight of God. How can I be downcast when I know the delight of the Holy and Loving One is upon me?

I will praise the Lord. I will sing a new song to Him. I will join the heavenly host and the great cloud of witnesses, and rejoice this day in the Lord my God.



Lord God,
I sing to You today. I bring praise to You. I shout “Hallelujah”. You are good; You are great; You are mighty.
You are pleased to crown me with salvation. I delight to receive this crown from You. Let me live all of my days on this earth wearing the crown of eternal salvation and knowing that the splendour of Almighty God is upon me.
Let us go forth together into this day, living in eternity. My glorious life in You is already underway. I rejoice and sing wonderful songs to You. Lead me forward, to Your praise and glory, in Jesus’ name I ask.      Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment